2018 Highlights

6:17 AM

                            

1.Went for a fashion internship interview in DTLA for a clothing brand, Saint Mojavi, came home feeling happy & sunny like my blouse 😊


2. Days later I found out that I had GOTTEN THE INTERNSHIP!!! :D Was over the moon & was EXCITED!!!😁


3. I got to participate in my FIRST EVER LIVE FASHION ILLUSTRATION EVENT with Saint Mojavi X Fred Segal trunk show, during my internship!!!😁  Was exciting & fell in love with live art, LOVED THE RUSH that came with it & making others happy with free art! 😁

4. I was tagged on Fred Segal STORIES of the trunk show event!! Never in my life, would I have thought that I would have that lil moment of being featured on Fred Segal's IG stories, because, the brand is ICONIC, so it was crazy! 

5. The beautiful earthy set up of Saint Mojavi's trunk show at Fred Segal, it was my first time being at Fred Segal, really COOL STORE with UNIQUE FINDS!😃

6. After the first day of the trunk show event, the Saint Mojavi designer treated me to lunch/dinner at a Italian restaurant in Beverly Hills, was really nice & sweet of her.😌💛


7. In May I started to sew up my bag ideas with faux fur and satin lining.💖

8. I FINALLY was able to find MATERIALS for my BAG IDEAS!

9. The internship was over, but Saint Mojavi asked me to be a live fashion illustrator with her again for another trunk show event, but this time in the W HOTEL in Beverly Hills! Was my first time there, and I never heard of it before🙈, didn’t want to leave needless to say lol, was so niiiice there😍😍😍😍😍💖
10. GOT OLD SKOOL REEBOKS BACK IN MY LIFE!!!! Had these old skool classic Reeboks as a kid minus the holographic stripes, my mom had a white pair too and made her lil ducklings (my sibs & I) wear them too, she knew cool style😎👌💖 

11. Had a fun only girls beach hangout with my sis-in-law, her sister and my twin. She took these AWESOME BEACH SHOTS OF ME!!! I FREAKIN LOVE THEM!!! I always wanted beach shots like these, THANK YOU ELIZABETH!!!!😍😍😍😍😍😘😘😘😘💖

12. Marc Jacobs liked my fashion illustration I did from his RTW’19 NYFW show!😃😁 

WAS HUGE FOR ME!!! I wanted to get noticed by him & I DID!!!😁🙌💖




13 & 14. I have been practicing loose and quick fashion illustration style sketches with watercolors & illustrated one of Brandon Maxwell's designs from his RTW'19 NYFW & HE NOTICED & LIKED MY ILLUSTRATION, WAS AWESOME!!!!! 

15. Joined Inktober2018 & did a weeks worth of inktober illustrations in ink! Was happy that I got to commit for awhile & I had fun with that, can’t wait for NEXT YEARS INKTOBER!!! I hope to do more!😊


16. Got to do a live fashion illustration event for a really cool art & fashion store in Melrose, LUZ Art Gallery, was a lot of fun & enjoyed it!💖😊


17. At the LUZ Art Gallery event as a live fashion illustrator, I GOT PICS TAKEN OF ME BY PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!😃 THAT WAS SO COOL & TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!!! 😃
That night, was the night, where it DAWNED ON ME, that I’m an ARTIST & I’M LIVING IT,  I’M ACTUALLY DOING WHAT I DREW AS A KID, of me with a beret, a painting easel, painting brush & paint supplies, it was unreal & emotional, I had to hold my tears back, it was a WOW moment.😌🙏💫

18. From the LUZ Art Gallery event, I had gotten another opportunity from a guest that I illustrated & he wanted me to do a live fashion illustration house party event at his house! I said yes & the event was a lot of fun, had lots of laughs from the guests I illustrated, had cool convos about astrology while illustrating, met a lot of nice & interesting people!😊


19. Made a halloween costume based off my inktober fashion illustration, was totally last minute, but, glad I did it, I had FUN making my half outfit & shopping bags!!!😉💕

💥

Overall, 2018 was a REALLY GRATEFUL YEAR, if it wasn’t for the internship I did with Saint Mojavi & her asking me last minute to be the fashion illustrator for her trunk show, I honestly don’t think I would have been able to have these AWESOME & FUN, live fashion illustration gigs!
 Life is interesting, how 1 opportunity leads to another, it’s like a fun surprise each time, when someone wants me to be a live artist at their event, ALWAYS FUN & EXCITING!!!

Big thanks to Saint Mojavi for making my 2018, thank you for noticing my art work on instagram & contacting me, I’m forever grateful and thankful for everything!!!😊💖


💥




As for 2019, I hope to continue on with my dreams towards the fashion industry, do more live fashion illustration events & continue making my bag ideas😊💖

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Flickr Images

Follow Run With Fashion