A Reflection of my 2020

11:57 PM

2020 was the theme of OUT with the OLD & IN with the NEW!


I saw this all the way in March, I observed what was going on

KNEW 2020 was the yr that we ARE TRANSITIONING INTO A NEW WORLD!! Life as we knew it was OVER!!


It’s like we shedded the old skin of 2019 decade and the 2020 decade is a new skin, a new life & a new world. And I couldn’t believe it, that I was witnessing changes RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES!

 Like when Kobe died, I felt like his death was like an end of life as we knew it was over, our normalcy was over, I found his death to be eerie. And then the Coronavirus hit, that lil thing that came with a HUGE package caused so much uphill, sadness, GRIEF, heartache & most of all, CHANGE!!


That change that sprung up from the virus, gave us a new normal, an odd & strange one, we had to quickly adapt to new life rules, we had to give up the OLD way of life for a NEW way of life.


OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW! 


And yet, I find it so strange yet funny how things worked out for me in my favor due to the Pandemic. 

Last yr I decided to take a break from fashion illustration and shift my focus on sewing and to go into fashion design. So when the pandemic hit, and all fashion businesses shifted into making masks and new jobs were created, I KNEW I COULD GET A LEVEL ENTRY SEWING JOB!! And I did, I got a very entry level sewing job in June, and I was THRILLED!!! So even though this virus caused a world wide pandemic & it was horrible for everyone, I must say in some odd funny way, it OPENED DOORS for me to JUMP START my fashion design dreams! This sewing job was a stepping stone towards my dreams, it meant SO MUCH to me!! It made me want to pursue fashion design even more!!


I just find it funny how life works out, even in darkness there’s still light, you just gotta look for it, & I did, I found it & it made me happy & hopeful :)


So I just want to THANK 2020 for OPENING THE DOORS to my fashion dreams, jump starting it, the pieces literally fell into place, life is truly amazing, interesting yet strange how things just work out!


So it really gives proof that, things really do happen for a reason. Covid gave me a job, a job I wanted & got. If covid didn’t happen, I won’t have gotten a sewing job, a very entry level one, so for that, I am thankful for covid happening even though that sounds so strange to write and for you to read, but hey, it’s my life & covid did give me something new, career wise. ;)


It got rid of my old career and brought in the new. I don’t know what’s next for me career wise, I do still have a sewing production job which I’m happy about, but I want more, I’m in it for the long haul now, there’s no turning back. <3


I would also like to add, my year ended on a beautiful, happy, magical and euphoric note, it was totally unexpected, and I'm just grateful and thankful!😍❤️



Happy New Years guys, may 2021 be BETTER, no more lockdowns, I hope! *fingers crossed* I really can’t handle another full yr of a lockdown, too depressing :(


And please wear masks and social distance, think about the nurses, my heart goes out to them, they’re the REAL MVP’S of 2020❤️


See you in 2021 :)


❤️Eliza

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Flickr Images

Follow Run With Fashion